Friday, September 16, 2016

How Reiki Helps Even the Youngest Souls

Definition of accident: (noun) the inevitable result of immutable natural laws. Ambrose Bierce “Devils Dictionary.”

My 10-year-old granddaughter in San Francisco is a figure skater and fell while ice-skating before school today. She cut her chin and was on the way to the hospital so she called me for some Reiki healing. She was afraid that the stitches were going to hurt so I guided her into a gentle meditation. I had to think quickly so I asked her to think of a place that makes her feel calm and what would she be doing there. She said I like to be with Enzo (her dog.)

I told her imagine petting his soft fur, to feel his warm body and look into his eyes and feel his love. She began to feel calmer and then said to me, “Nona, when Enzo looks into my eyes he is looking into my soul.” I thought to myself, this wisdom is coming from a 10-year -old.

So today I give you the wisdom of this child with a quick meditation to relieve your stress when it creeps in. Find something that you enjoy and in your mind go there. Let the current situation or pain be placed on the side-lines while you enter into a calm state that you have been in before. And remember that if you have a pet, think of looking into their eyes and know they can see your soul and they love you to the depths of your soul.

We are so blessed with our four-legged friends on this planet!

Healing vibes,
Marnie

No comments:

Post a Comment