Sunday, July 5, 2015

What Are Your Happy Memories of Summers Past?


The 4th of July is past and now it is officially summer. Think about what that has meant to you in the past, and I mean way past. Recall what it was like to be a kid on a hot summer day. What did you do? How did you spend your time and with whom?

I recall swimming every day at Portage Park Pool in the north side of Chicago watching Mr. Izzo water his pristine green lawn by hand (which we could never walk upon). I have fond memories of collecting pop bottles from the school yard across the street that were left by the boys who played baseball and using the money to buy candy (I have the cavities to prove it!). I also loved lying on the ground, watching the clouds roll by. As I write this these memories calm my mind and bring a smile to my face.

I suggest you do the same. Take a moment, for that is all you will need, and reminisce about the happy, carefree, lazy days of summer you had as a child. Sure there may be sad days weaved into your story, but this is about recalling the moments when life was without responsibility. Let the warm fuzzy memories wash over you and then go about your day. It just may brighten yours.

Happy summer!
Marnie

No comments:

Post a Comment