Friday, April 14, 2017

Perfection is Fleeting So Enjoy the Moment


The weekend I attended the World Synchronized Skating Championships in Colorado Springs, Colorado. What gifted skaters I was blessed to see strut their stuff. Sixteen skaters performing in unison some of the most difficult moves that you usually see in paired figure skating. My thoughts brought me to admire their pursuit for perfection and how our pursuit for perfection differs.

They are athletes and it is their job to be perfect, but that should not be your ultimate goal. Yours is to enjoy what you are doing in the moment, perfect or not. The skaters were rewarded for their continued practice over the last year as each team had their place in the limelight. They would do the best they could, and be in first place for a short time (USA being one of them). Then another more skilled team would take their place. For a time their team was high on the score board, and they were elated for a job well done. As the outcome changed I did not see animosity. I only witnessed their joy for the team that was more skilled. I saw most of the teams supporting the others. See them perform.

So enjoy the skills of those around you and do not think you need to be like them. You are an individual with your special attributes. Know what they are and reward yourself each and every day for them. I for one see those amazing qualities in you and marvel.


In the light,
Marnie

PS This is the last week that I'll be posting my blog here on blogspot. If you want to keep receiving my blog, please sign up through my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment