Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Have the Happiness of Children


The holidays are focused around the children and even if there are no children in your immediate world there are still messages you can receive from them. I have been observing my 4 year old granddaughter and I have noticed things in her which seem universal with other children and it keeps them happy. Here are my observations and recommendations of how you too may be as free as a child.
  1. Do not walk, skip. You will get there faster and make people around you smile.
  2. Try to learn a new skill and keep at it till you master it. 
  3. Wake up and smile and begin talking about anything that comes into your head.
  4. Don't hold back any emotion, express them freely and to anyone you see.
  5. Smile and talk to strangers, this will brighten their day and yours as well.
  6. Once you have expressed your discontent let that feeling go, don't hold on.
  7.  Say I love you to your family and do it often.
  8.  Give out lots of hugs and kisses for no apparent reason.
Take a moment to watch the children in your family, at the shopping mall or on the street and see what other positive attributes you observe and add them to my list. Let me know what you find. 

Now go have fun!

2 comments:

  1. Great post--my kiddos skip everywhere they go and my 3-yo daughter talks to EVERYONE. She even greets people in each aisle of the grocery store, which causes some interesting reactions. Hope your holidays were wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We miss having her around. It was a fun holiday. I will see her next month for her birthday party.

    ReplyDelete