Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Your Heart is Already Protected

For the last 10 days I have been in a retreat, of sorts, having contracted a bacterial infection that put me out of commission. I have spent most of the day sleeping, reading and, when I had enough energy (that took about a week), in meditation.  It is so interesting to see, when the body cannot function in its usual mode, what happens to the psyche.

For the most part I have been in silence, not speaking and also no chatter in my head. As my energy revived I found meditation to be my calming companion. One thing that has arisen is the care of my heart because the dis-ease of my body was in my chest. I have felt my heart physically, emotionally, and spiritually. One part of the heart I have ignored is the pericardium so I have spent sometime contemplating this organ and the meridian line to it from the middle finger up the arm and into the chest.

The mind works best when it has an image to focus upon. The pericardium wraps itself around the heart and secures it. It is its protection. Over the years there have been many ways I have protected my heart but none of those ways elicit the physical embrace of the pericardium. I have heard the term but never really understood its function. Now I not only can see it, I can feel it.

My suggestion for this week is to research this organ of utmost importance. This will give your mind an image to visualize as you open your heart knowing that it is already protected and wrapped in love on the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual level.

Embracing your heart,
Marnie Vincolisi

No comments:

Post a Comment