Thursday, April 7, 2016

This Spring, Care for the Earth, Naturally

In the past I have talked about how to take care of your body, but now I will address how to take care of the body of the earth. When I get out into nature it feeds my soul and rejuvenates by body, therefore yard work is not a chore. Today I will give you information that will get you connected to and caring for the largest plant in your yard, your lawn. We are all one. We are connected to the animals, the plants and the land, so it is natural to give as much care to the earth as we give to ourselves.

It is spring in Colorado and it is awakening my senses. Our grass is beginning to turn green but in the north sections of my yard where the snow did not melt quickly, the lawn is looking pretty brown. Fertilizer will green it up but the chemicals do not support the environment. I will give you an easy recipe for a natural tonic for your lawn.

All you need is:
  • One full can of regular pop (any kind-no diet soda)
  • One full can of beer (no light beer) 12oz
  • 1/2 cup of liquid dishwashing soap (do NOT use anti-bacterial dishwashing liquid)
  • 1/2 cup of household ammonia
  • 1/2 cup of mouthwash (any brand)
Directions:
  • Pour into 10-gallon hose-end sprayer (any hose sprayer will do)
  • Spray on lawn till it runs off
  • In high heat, apply every three weeks
So does it work? We will see. Come to the next Reiki share on May 11, 6:45 and see how my lawn has responded to the tonic. Naturally I will be directing a little Reiki on it as well.

Want to know how and why the tonic works? Here is the link: http://origin.wusa9.com/weather/story.aspx?storyid=40316

Happy spring!
Marnie

No comments:

Post a Comment