Tuesday, February 4, 2014

What Does It Mean to Love Oneself?

During the last year, I have been focusing on bringing love fully into my body. Hence I am drawn to yoga because the practice reacquaints me with my body.

During my meditation at yoga last weekend, the concept of self-love became crystal clear. As I felt my own self-love in my sacral chakra, I repeated in my mind, "Love me, love me, love me." Unexpectedly I began to feel sad. I began another chant...."I love me, I love me, I love me." Upon hearing that phrase, my body began to feel light and expanded.

What I surmised was when I asked for love from another, even if it was Spirit, sadness came over me. Perhaps because I was looking for love outside myself where it could be perceived as denied. When I affirmed "I am the love that I seek," I expanded into that love, which is light.  In order to love oneself, one needs to fully embrace this concept, and I have found that I can sense this in my heart now rather easily.

I have used this technique on my clients only to find that each person has a different reaction. There is no right way to embody these statements. What you sense and surmise is correct for you. We are all in our own majestic process. You really do not require someone to analyze your feelings because in your heart you know what it means.

Take a moment out of your busy day, perhaps before you retire for the night and chant these two statements to yourself and see what you get. Life is ever changing and by being aware of our transformation, we grow.

I bless you in your process.
Marnie Vincolisi

No comments:

Post a Comment