Monday, September 8, 2014

How to Turn Frustration into Peace

Do you ever have one of those days when no matter what you do, it goes wrong? The day lacks flow.  Resistance is around every corner. So what to do? Some just crawl into bed and sleep it off. Others turn to TV, food, or just keep pushing until they're so exhausted they must stop (that’s me).

There once was such a day for me. I started out by going to the Pepsi center to get tickets to a concert for myself and a few friends. I missed an email and did not get a ticket for an important friend. While shopping, the stores were out of many of the items I wanted to purchase. I spent most of the day attempting to make new recordings of my meditations to sell online but had too much background noise and could not find a way to alleviate it. I was ready to throw in the towel for this raw food thing I'd been following,yet my body was telling me something else. At the end of the day, while writing this blog, I couldn't think of what to write about. My best solution was to go to bed and sleep it off. It was late and rest was the best idea I could come up with.

In the middle of the night a thought came to mind - gratitude. Why not think of all the things I'm grateful for? So I did. I began with simple material things and then expanded my thoughts to loved ones and qualities I possess. At one point my dreams became lucid as I pointed out my gratitude to those in my dreams. I awoke in a better space than when I lay down for the night.

Enjoy this beautiful weather as you think about what you have to be grateful for.  The list just might be endless.

Many Blessings,
Marnie Vincolisi

No comments:

Post a Comment